- How much mobile data does the MiScore App typically use for a round of golf?
- Can I play a round without using my mobile data?
To get the best user experience the MiScore App needs to use mobile data before, during and after the round to:
- Select playing partner(s)
- Download course information
- Provide GPS information
- Send scores back to the live leaderboards
- Submit agreed score at end of round
Typically an 18 hole using the MiScore App may use as little as 250KB of mobile data which is for scoring only ie little use of GPS map functionality, live leaderboard viewing or accessing menu options.
If on pre-paid mobile data service, reduce the use of accessing the GPS and map functionality whilst in play.
You can check data usage in the settings of your device after a round. If you run out of data during the round then jump on the club's Wi-Fi at the end of the round or get a hotspot from a friend to submit scores
For Apple users - please read this guide to how to check Mobile data usage>
*Remember that MiClub are not liable for any excess data usage charges that you may incur from your carriers provider.